Thursday, March 25, 2010

New found respect...

Okay, so this is random and I fear that I will sound like a commercial, but I'm going to share anyway. Most of you have probably heard of P90X right? Well, I found something even worse!! (Worse in a good way of course.) There is this new conditioning program called "Insanity," and it truly is insanity. The program is a cardio intensive training program designed to deliver P90X results in 60 days without any extra exercise equipment. That's right, just you and your body. The guy (Shawn T?) developed the program based on his experience from years of track and field training. The program has you do max interval training for long periods of time with brief, and I would like to emphasize the brief, periods of rest. It has a heavy plyometric tone throughout the program. Which if you don't know what that means, here is the wikipedia definition. "Plyometrics is a type of exercise training designed to produce fast, powerful movements, and improve the functions of the nervous system, generally for the purpose of improving performance in sports. Plyometric movements, in which a muscle is loaded and then contracted in rapid sequence, use the strength, elasticity and innervation of muscle and surrounding tissues to jump higher, run faster, throw farther, or hit harder, depending on the desired training goal. Plyometrics is used to increase the speed or force of muscular contractions, providing explosiveness for a variety of sport-specific activities." All this to say it is horrible! I'm only on day 3 and I am super sore. Pathetic I know. What can I say, I'm out of shape for real! I mean, if my body looked the way it feels right now, I would be ripped from head to toe! Unfortunately, that is not the case. Anyway, the new found respect comes in for athletes such as football players, soccer players, military personnel, Olympians, and other athletes. I can't imagine how bad "2 a days" and basic training and those things must be! I mean this workout lasts about 40 minutes and I am ready to throw up, pass out, and cry all in one. So kudos to you!
There you have it, my promo for "Insanity." I'll keep you posted on how it's going if I can find the willpower to make myself keep it up : )

2 comments:

C & J said...

I really want to try that... really. Will it make the downstairs neighbors' ceiling fall?

Luci said...

um...quiet possibly. I'll bring it with me when I come though and we can give it a try ; )

Post a Comment